- How to move your database to another device
- Multiple databases with different content
- Related Articles:
How to move your database to another device
Sometimes you will need to move your Narrative Publish database to another device, whether you have a new device or just want to relocate to another device. Follow the steps below to learn how.
If you have multiple databases that you want to move to one device your steps will be slightly different, click here to be taken to those directions.
1. Open Narrative Publish on the original device that currently has your blogs, head to the top menu bar and select "File"
2. Once, you have the "File" menu open, select "Export Backup...".
3. A finder window will open up, navigate to the destination that you want to export your back up. Press the "Select" button when have found where you want to save your database.
You should now have your database successfully exported onto your device.
4. Move this database to the device you want to have your database on. This can be done through platforms such as Dropbox, WeTransfer, Airdrop or through external hard drives.
5. Open Narrative Publish on the device you want to import the database on, head to the top menu bar and select "File"
6. Once, you have the "File" menu open, select "Import Backup...".
7. A finder window will open up, navigate to the database you'd like to import. Press the "Open" button.
8. Narrative will now restart, When your blog is reopened the database you imported should be loaded.
Please note that by importing a backup will erase all data in the active session and replace it with the selected backup. This is an irreversible action.
Note: You can also double-click on .narbackup files to import them as well.
You should now have your database on the other device.
Multiple databases with different content
If you currently are using Narrative Publish on two or more different devices and have made blogs on each of these it is likely that you will have more than one database with blogs in them.
If you follow the steps above it is likely that you will overwrite one database and their blogs, rather you will need to merge your databases. To do that please get in contact with support at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.