The whole app is unresponsive
- Firstly, please email [email protected] your support pack so we can investigate the issue.
- Try hitting Command+R to restart the app.
- Didn’t solve the issue? Close Select by right-clicking on the app icon in your dock and clicking 'Quit'. Now re-open the app.
- Didn’t solve the issue? Close Select. Restart your computer. Reopen Select.
- Didn’t solve the issue? In the menu bar click Help > Debug > Clear App Data Cache. Now re-open the app and sign in.
- Still experiencing an issue? Close Select, delete it from your applications folder. Restart your computer. Download and reinstall Select. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any of your preferences, projects or metadata by doing this. Now re-open the app and sign in.
- Didn’t solve the issue? In the menu bar click Help > Debug > Clear Database. Caution: This will clear out your projects, but it won't delete any metadata.
- Still stuck? Contact support – we may be experiencing a temporary issue, or an issue with a specific version. We'll help you get back up to speed in no time.
A specific project is unresponsive
If you open a project and all you see is grey with a spinning wheel, the chances are this is because Select has lost connection to your source folder. We'll be improving this in the coming months, but for now, here's what to do:
- Make sure you still have access to the folder where the images are stored (e.g. if they are on an exteral HDD plug it in)
- Click on Grid view (G)
- Click on the three dots on the source folder card in the grid view header (just below the project title)
- Click 'Refresh Source Folder' if the folder is back in the original location. Or click 'Change Source Folder' if it's in a new location.