If you are on Narrative 2.3.5 or higher and are on Pro plan you will be able to export single Narrative blog posts. If you are having trouble updating your app click here. If you would like to upgrade or purchase a Narrative subscription click here.
Exporting a single blog post can be helpful for many reasons such as, sharing a blog post to another Narrative user, having multiple people contribute to a blog post and using an assistant to help you blog or review your blog.
You can export a Narrative blog post in two slightly different ways.
1. Open Narrative and head to the Narrative home screen.
2. Click on the gear icon in the lower right of the blog you want to export.
3. Select the "Export" option.
4. A finder window will open, select the destination where you want to save the blog post.
5. Press "Select" and Narrative will prompt you when the blog post has been successfully exported.
1. Open the Narrative Blog you would like to export.
2. Head up to the tool bar and click "File", then "Export Post".
3. A finder window will open, select the destination where you want to save the blog post.
4. Press "Select" and Narrative will prompt you when the blog post has been successfully exported.
Now your blog post should be exported. Narrative blog posts are saved in the .npost format and can only be used in Narrative.
Now, a Narrative blog post sitting outside the Narrative app is not that useful, so lets learn how to import a Narrative blog post.
- Find a single Narrative blog post. This file should end with .npost and look like this. If you have not exported your blog post yet, refer to the steps above.
2. Open Narrative.
3. In the tool bar go "File" and then "Import Post".
4. This will open a finder window, find and select your exported Narrative blog post and click "Open".
5. Your blog should now import into your Narrative app followed by this message.
Your Blog should now be imported into your Narrative app. This will contain the cached images which was in the blog posts.
If you want to add images you may need to relocate the source folder, this can be done through clicking the relocate button in the gallery tab.