Narrative is making changes to our text editor to improve things. Until then, you may wish to add text with the WordPress editor.
Adding text to your Narrative post from the WordPress text editor can be a little tricky due to a WordPress bug that may stop your Narrative post from displaying after you've added text. Please read this article carefully.
There are two ways to publish to WordPress with Narrative. Both methods require a different technique to add text, please follow the correct link below.
- WordPress users that post automatically to WordPress from Narrative
- WordPress users that post manually to WordPress from Narrative
If you are unsure if you post automatically or manually click here.
Users that post automatically to WordPress
1. Once you have published your post log into your WordPress account.
2. Find the post that Narrative has made.
3. Open the text tab of the editor.
4. You will see the Narrative code for your post. Place your cursor at the beginning of the code, type some placeholder text and press enter twice. Due to a WordPress bug, it is essential to have these two spaces between your text and the Narrative code. Your post should look something like this:
5. You can now return to the 'Visual' editor and make further changes to your text including hyperlinking, headers and spacing.
Users that post manually to WordPress
1. Once you have published, log into your WordPress account.
2. Create a new post and name it.
3. Add your body text first from the visual editor and press enter twice. Due to a WordPress bug, it is essential to have these two spaces between your text and the Narrative code.
4. Open the text tab of the editor
5. Paste your Narrative link here.