In this Article:
- What are Image Descriptions
- How to add descriptions to your images
Note: Image Descriptions use to be known as Image Keywords. Image descriptions , compared to keywords, are much more intuitive and easy to use, they are also more accurate to what Google wants to see.
What are Image Descriptions?
Image Descriptions allow you to add unique and cohesive descriptions to your image which uniquely describe the images. These descriptions would allow someone to understand the contents of the images even if they couldn't see the image, only the description.
These are primarily used for SEO purposes to help your blog post rank higher than without them. These descriptions will be used as the Alt text of the image and also the title of the image.
Image Description best Practices:
We suggest that your Image Descriptions should describe the image in a way that if you closed your eyes and heard it, then you would be able to get the idea of the image. These should be unique for each image.
For example, an image description that says “A couple walking through the New York Botanical Gardens” is more likely to rank than “New York Botanical Garden Photographer”
How to Add Image Descriptions
1. Click on any image inside your blog post and that image's properties will open in the inspector panel
2. Look for the SEO Image Description option and type your description.
3. To quickly move to the next image press the "Tab" button, from there you can quickly type the next images description.